2013 - present -- University of Florida; Gainesville, FL
- Associate Professor of Music Education
- Director, Online Master of Music in Music Education program
- Courses: Research in Music Education, Historical and Philosophical Foundations of Music Education, Introduction to Music Education, Technology Assisted Music Learning, Measurement and Evaluation in Music, Music in Higher Education, Psychology of Music, Creative Thinking in Music.
2001 - 2013 -- Case Western Reserve University; Cleveland, OH
- 2004 - present -- Associate Professor of Music Education (Tenured)
- 2001 - 2004 -- Assistant Professor of Music Education
- Duties included: Teaching undergraduate and graduate level classes in music education research, music cognition and learning, instrumental music education, and the applications of technology to music teaching and learning, teaching the undergraduate introduction to music education class, supervising student teachers, and coordinating the student teaching program.
August 2011 – May 2012 -- University of Florida; Gainesville, FL
- Visiting Associate Professor of Music Education
- Duties include teaching graduate research in music education, psychology of music, measurement and evaluation, and doctoral seminar classes; student teacher supervision; and providing leadership for the development of an online MM in music education degree program.
1997 - 2001 -- Ball State University; Muncie, IN
- Assistant Professor of Music Education
- Duties included: Teaching Instrumental Methods, Administration of School Music Programs, Band Literature,and History and Philosophy of Music Education, Assessment Techniques in Music Education; serving as Co-Director of the Music Technology Resource Lab; and supervising student teachers. "Group I" member of the Graduate Faculty.
1995 - 1997-- Radford University; Radford, VA
- Director of Music Education and Assistant Professor
- Duties included: Coordinating the graduate and undergraduate music education programs, teaching graduate and undergraduate music education methods classes, supervising student teachers, teaching applied euphonium, advising the collegiate MENC chapter, and teaching an introductory music technology course.
Summer, 1994 Kent State University; Kent, OH
- Co-conductor of the Kent State University Summer Communiversity Band; Kent, OH.
August, 1991 - May, 1994 -- Kent State University; Kent, OH
- Doctoral Fellow/Graduate Assistant, School of Music
August, 1985 - May, 1987 -- Bowling Green State University; Bowling Green, OH
- Graduate Assistant, University Bands
Eight years of experience in the public schools of Ohio in the areas of band, orchestra, and general music with students in grades 5-12.